March 24, 2011

AM -Tit Bits 14 - Will I be paid more?

A manager, who had just returned from a Motivation Seminar, called an employee into his office and said,
"Henceforth you are going to be allowed to plan and control your job.That will raise your productivity considerably, I am sure."
" Will I be paid more?"asked the worker.


" No,no.Money is not a motivator and you will get no satisfaction from salary raise."
"Well, if production does increase, will I be paid more?"


"Look," said the manager, " you obviously do not understand the motivation theory.Take this book home and read it; it explains what it is that really motivates you.
as the man was leaving, he stopped and said," If I read this book will I be paid more?"


story from the book - Stories from Here and There - Compiled by Sunil Handa

1 comment: